As an avid shopper, I have a list of favorite stores. I have been asked (several times) if I have a favorite dollar store. My answer, YES! They are definitely not all created equal, if you know what I mean.
I do occasionally shop at Dollar Tree. I feel there are great things to be found inside, but there are also things to avoid. Would I ever purchase my toilet paper there? Unless I was using it to roll a house, no. (Not that I’ve done that recently. Ha!) Would I purchase shampoo there? No. I would, however buy the following items from the Dollar Store:
- Pet Toys and Accessories – these are definitely cheaper than pet supply stores. I can buy 5 balls or chew toys for the price of one! I also buy my leashes and collars and bowls there.
- Party Supply Items – I shop at the dollar store for napkins, cups, bowls and balloons. I also buy my tablecloths at Dollar Tree even though they are 4 cents cheaper at Walmart. ::gasp:: No lines are worth the 4 extra cents!
- Candy – If you are buying for a party or large event, definitely check out the assortment at Dollar Tree, just make sure you check the expiration date before purchasing.
- Hair Accessories – I buy my hair brushes at Dollar Tree. I have found them to be the same quality as other stores. I can also get headbands and cute bows for my daughter, which is great because half of time she wears them once and I never see them again.
- Reading Glasses – My Mom and Dad need reading glasses. If you know the strength for your eyes, head to Dollar Tree to check out the assortment!
- Sunglasses – I love to keep an extra pair of sunglasses in my glove compartment. I also keep a pair in my purse and another in my husband’s truck. This would never be possible if I paid more than a few dollars for each pair!
- Greeting Cards – Every time my husband buys me a greeting card, I show my appreciation then turn it over to see that he spent $4 or $5 on it. ON. A. CARD. I cringe. Cards are 2/$1 at Dollar Tree. Stock up.
- Seasonal Decorations – I have seen some cute holiday decorations at Dollar Tree. If you’re throwing a holiday party, definitely check out the Halloween, Valentine’s or Christmas items. You never know what you’re going to find for sale!
- Garden Items – Need a new pair of gloves? Don’t run to Lowe’s, run to Dollar Tree first! Those gloves will get muddy anyway, right? I’ve also seen a display of vegetable seeds and small gardening tools.
- Puzzles and Workbooks for Children – There is a large assortment of puzzles and educational workbooks ready for your child. I have seen these priced much higher at Walmart and Target. *I will not comment on toys at Dollar Tree. These are hit and miss. You get what you pay for – just don’t have high expectations…That doll or game might not last longer than a few weeks.