This is a paid partnership on behalf of Pigeon Forge Tourism. All opinions are my own.
Pigeon Forge is a beautiful family vacation destination that is located at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. It offers a distinct variety of new and established entertainment and activities that will inspire unforgettable memories and stories for your family. For more information on Pigeon Forge, visit their official website.
We visited Pigeon Forge a few years ago, and can’t wait to go back! From the moment we arrived, we felt the warm welcome from the residents. Add that to the amazing scenery from the Great Smoky Mountains and the relaxing feel of the area, it’s definitely one of my top ten places to visit! (In fact, we’re thinking about taking a family trip for Spring Break!)
5 Reasons To Visit Pigeon Forge
Dollywood, The Titanic Museum, Science Fun at Wonderworks, Alpine Mountain Coasters, Alcatraz East Crime Museum… those are just a few of the attractions in Pigeon Forge! Whether you’re feeling adventurous, ready to relax or up for some educational fun, there’s something for everyone, making this a great family vacation!
If you’re visiting the area, you’re going to need a place to stay. The right place is waiting:
- American Mountain Rentals by Natural Retreats: Whether you are planning a romantic escape, family retreat, or weekend getaway with friends, they have cabin rentals with breath-taking views in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Sevierville, Wears Valley and the surrounding area.
- Bluff Mountain Rentals: Just minutes from downtown Pigeon Forge, these 2 bedroom, 2 bath cabins offer you a taste of the country while keeping you close to the action.
- Country Cascades Resort: As the name states, you can’t get any more kid-friendly than a water park right at the resort.
- Eden Crest Vacation Rentals: Located just minutes from the attractions of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN; including The Smoky Mountain Nations Park, dozens of live entertainment theaters, numerous shopping outlets, and area crafters, Eden Crest Vacation Rentals is a fantastic vacation spot for anyone wishing to tour the Smokies.
With more than 300 boutiques, outlets and malls to choose from, you’re bound to find the perfect souvenir or gift. If you’re looking for something unique, you’ll find hand-blown glass, handmade pottery and many more arts & crafts.
You’ll even find a store that celebrates Christmas year-round, which was my absolute favorite! (Christmas in July or September? Heck yes!)
Pigeon Forge shows deliver world-class entertainment year round. From live music and dancing at Country Tonight Theatre and The Smoky Mountain Opry to side-splitting comedy at The Comedy Barn Theatre to awesome lumberjack competitions at Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud. Pigeon Forge promises an incredible experience your family will remember long after your trip is over.
And for those that prefer a side of entertainment served with their meal, Pigeon Forge dinner shows have what you’re craving. Grab a heaping helping of family-friendly entertainment at Dolly Parton’s Stampede, Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Feud, and Pirates Voyage Dinner and Show. Enjoy a hearty feast combined with spectacular skits, themed competitions, music, magic tricks and more. No matter what you’re hungry for, these shows in Pigeon Forge have it on the menu!
If you’re on a budget, there’s no need to worry! There are many free things to do in Pigeon Forge, too!
- Go hiking through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park .
- Pack a lunch and head to Cades Cove. The park is open year round!
- Take a scenic drive on the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail.
- Take a look at the “liberty” bell, flags from all 50 states, and a historic patriot missile when you visit Patriot Park.
I can’t wait to visit again, as I know my children will love Dollywood and The Great Smoky Mountains! There’s so much to see and do, leading us to make Pigeon Forge our next vacation destination and make forever family memories.