Lone Star Park has kicked off the 2018 Thoroughbred season, and it is jam-packed full of the kind of non-stop racing action that horse enthusiasts throughout North Texas have grown to love. This season, slated through July 22nd, Lone Star Park will additionally offer exciting, fun-filled experiences from the Extreme Racing of camels and ostriches to a Kentucky Derby celebration to fur-tastic canine fun during Lone Star Bark to a July 4th patriotic salute. It’s sure to be fun – take a look at these activities and discounts at Lone Star Park!
New this year, Thoroughbred racing season opens with the Texas Bluebonnet Stakes, paying homage to our state flower, and comedic daredevil Bello Nock, most recently seen in “America’s Got Talent,” will attempt a feat that has not been seen since his attempt on the hit television show. All the entertainment and numerous giveaways complement the non-stop horse racing action that make for a fun, affordable time that you won’t soon forget.
Preakness Stakes Day – Saturday, May 19
Catch all of the action with the middle jewel of the Triple Crown! The 143rd Preakness Stakes will simulcast live from Pimlico Race Track in Baltimore, Maryland. Find out if this year’s Kentucky Derby Winner will continue the Triple Crown bid.
ALL-NEW! Comedic Daredevil Bello – Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 3
Bello Nock, whose iconic tall orange hair, over-sized tuxedo and fearless approach to daredevilry were most recently seen on NBC’s America’s Got Talent, will attempt to shoot himself from a cannon over a helicopter with its blades rotating. This feat has not been attempted since Bello performed this live on America’s favorite reality talent show. Great family fun!
Belmont Stakes Day – Saturday, June 9
You won’t want to miss the chance to watch, wager and win on the 150th running of the Belmont Stakes, simulcast live from Belmont Park! You could witness history if the Triple Crown is on the line.
Lone Stars & Stripes Fireworks Celebration – Tuesday, July 3 and Wednesday, July 4
Two spectacular nights of fireworks will be held at Lone Star Park on Tuesday, July 3 and Wednesday, July 4 following the races. In addition to live racing and fireworks, enjoy additional entertainment for the entire family with live music and our expanded Family Fun Park. In addition, all members of the military will receive one (1) free general admission with a valid military I.D.
Sunday Discounts at Lone Star Park:
- ALL-NEW! Family Discount Day – With a 2:35 p.m. start, this family-focused day includes savings on many $1 hot dogs, popcorn and sodas, plus an opportunity for horse lovers to see up-close a retired Thoroughbred in the Paddock area. Kids will be able to learn more about the excitement and wonder of one of the world’s most loved animals, and how Lone Star Park takes pride in bringing animals and people together.
- Senior Citizens’ Discount – Every senior citizen, 62 years of age or older, will receive one (1) free general admission with a valid I.D.
- Military Discount – All military personnel will receive one (1) free general admission with a valid military I.D.
- Pepsi Can Discount– Bring any Pepsi can and receive one (1) free general admission and one (1) free large Pepsi product.
Party at the Park
Enjoy exciting racing and live music with $2 drink specials from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Party at the Park in the Courtyard of Champions on Friday nights during the meet.
Tickets for the 2018 Thoroughbred season range from $5 to $27. Children under three years of age are free. Restrictions, exclusions and additional charges may apply. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.
To learn more, visit LoneStarPark.com or call (800) 795-RACE (7223). Restrictions, exclusions and additional charges may apply. Lone Star Park is located at 1000 Lone Star Parkway, Grand Prairie, Texas 75050.
One lucky Hustle Mom Repeat reader will win a day at Lone Star Park! Package includes:
- Family 4-pack of tickets to Lone Star Park, valid for Saturday, June 2.
- $20 in Food & Beverage vouchers.
- A free Program.