This is a project of The Women Bloggers and Kendal King Group to share the goodness of Nestle Gerber Cereal.
With a baby at home, I started researching ways to use baby cereal other than for the purpose of his breakfast. I love the fact that infant cereal can be used in recipes and provides a blend of six B vitamins, vitamin E, C, iron, zinc and calcium! I decided to bake a treat using bananas as the base for the mix, which means healthy after school snacks that are perfect for hungry children! …Hungry children who had no idea I made these banana oatmeal bites using baby cereal.
I started with a few simple ingredients: Gerber Oatmeal Cereal, bananas and mini chocolate chips.
After mashing the bananas into a medium bowl, I added the baby cereal and a handful of chocolate chips. Because the mixture was super dry, I added a splash of milk. (You can add 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla if you’d like, too.)
Banana Oatmeal Bites Using Baby Cereal
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups Gerber Oatmeal Baby Cereal
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp vanilla (optional)
- splash of milk, if needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In your mixing bowl, mash the 2 bananas.
- Add the baby cereal to the bananas, incorporating well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, vanilla and milk, if needed.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons to the baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball of dough with a spatula or fork.
- Bake for 14 minutes, making sure not to over cook.
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
No one will believe you when you tell them these healthy bites are made with Gerber Baby Cereal. In fact, you can experiment in your own kitchen using other cereal varieties found at Walmart. I can’t wait to try the Cereal with Strawberries!
Win a $50 Prepaid Gift Card
One lucky The Frugal Mom reader will win a $50 gift card! Use it to purchase Nestle Gerber cereals, Gerber 1st foods, a night out or add it to baby’s savings – the choice is yours!