There’s no second guessing my fast-food restaurant of choice: It’s Chick-fil-A. I am pretty sure I am now part chicken and know I ate there for three-fourths of my recent pregnancy. I am a huge fan of the Chick-fil-A salads, and it’s definitely my go-to for a quick, healthy lunch. So with that, I have accumulated a stack of salad containers, and I always wonder just what I could use them for (besides more salad!)
As a Chick-fil-A Mom, we were challenged to create a DIY project with a salad container, and I was up for the challenge! And since I had one or two (or three or ten) salad containers laying around, I asked my children and husband to make something, too!
1. My oldest son said the containers would be great for his ink pens and markers, since he can throw a pad of paper inside, if needed. This would be great for road trips or to pass the time at doctor appointments!
2. My six year old thought the containers would be great for storing Legos.
3. My husband suggested using the containers to hold napkins, forks and knives on our next camping trip or picnic – pretty smart, since we are always looking for something to keep the napkins from flying away!
4. I decided to upcycle Chick-fil-A’s salad container into a First Aid Kit for the car, after discovering the kit would conveniently fit under a seat. It’s like the container was meant for that purpose. And it’s just the right size for necessities: band-aids, alcohol prep pads, sponges, a maxi pad (serves more than one purpose – great for covering large wounds!), sunscreen and a roll of cloth tape. I’m going to add some antibiotic ointment, too. You never want to clutter a first-aid kit, as everything inside should be kept simple, easy to find and clearly identifiable in the event of an emergency.
5. My daughter thought outside of the box, and I’m certain she nailed it. She decided to snap the opposite sides of Chick-fil-A’s salad container together, forming a rocking chair for her baby dolls. (She is incredibly creative!) Take a look at her idea in action:
Neat idea, right? I am definitely going to let her add stickers and fun embellishments to her rocker this summer!
What ideas do you have for recycling a product container from Chick-fil-A?