They weren’t kidding when they said living in Texas comes with many perks. One of my favorite things about this great state has to be the local restaurants and chefs that prepare the dishes. The two can be summed up in one word: Incredible.
When I found out about “Cook Like a Texan,” a pop-up picnic in Klyde Warren Park, presented by Texas Monthly and Infiniti, I had to know more. Turns out, the December issue of the magazine -which is devoted to essential cooking techniques every Texan needs to know- will be brought to life through tastings, sips, demonstrations, and chef-prepared picnic baskets on December 4 at Klyde Warren Park in Dallas.
The event and talent lineup includes:
MAINS: Fried Chicken, Steak, Oysters, & Hearty Proteins
Todd and Misty David / Cattleack BBQ / Dallas
Keith Hicks / Buttons / Fort Worth
Jeffrey Hobb / The Slow Bone Barbeque / Dallas
Hugo Ortega / Hugo’s / Houston
John Tesar / Knife / Dallas
SIDES & BEVERAGES: Breads, Jams, Kolaches, Veggies, Coffee, & Sweets
Sean Henry / Houndstooth Coffee / Dallas and Austin
Sarah Junek / Archer City
David Norman / Easy Tiger Bake Shop / Austin
Stephanie McClenny / Confituras / Austin
Christopher Patrick / Abacus / Dallas
Rich and Karen Rogers / Scardello Cheese / Dallas
ACTIVITIES & DEMONSTRATIONS
Infiniti Lounge and Photo Booth
HeartBrand Beef Tastings and Informal Culinary Demonstrations
Meiomi Wine Bars
Kid-friendly Holiday crafts tent
TASTING TICKETS ($20 each) include:
- Samples by the notable chefs, restaurants, and Texas brands
- Informal culinary demonstrations and outdoor activities
- The chance to shop the “Made in Texas” Holiday Shop featuring handcrafted gifts and local goods
COOK LIKE A TEXAN PICNIC BASKETS ($100 each, while supplies last) include:
- Chef-prepared lunch for two
- Bottled cocktail for two
- Gifts from sponsors
- Plus, two “Tasting” tickets ($40 value) to enjoy samples and the day’s activities (everything listed above in Tasting tickets)
You click here to purchase tickets to the event, which will be held on Sunday, December 4, from 12 – 4 PM at Klyde Warren Park in Dallas. (*Tickets will be available at the door as well.)
A few things to note
- You may want to bring cash to shop the “Made in Texas” Holiday Shop, though select vendors will accept credit cards.
- Children under 5 are admitted free of charge.
- Guests are encouraged to bring folding chairs and blankets to spread out on the lawn to ensure seating.
- The show will go, on rain or shine! Tents and heaters will be available, if warranted by the weather.