Before you throw/donate/eat all of your Halloween candy, think about the holidays coming up:
– Those mini-Hershey’s make great smores.
– The Kit-Kats, M&M’s and Reese’s pair great in ‘snack themed’ gift baskets.
– The large assortment is great for company on New Year’s Eve. Place it in a large bowl and let others eat it for you.
– Do your children have a birthday coming up? The candy is great for pinatas and/or party bags!
– Brighten a teacher’s day with a few candy bars tied together with a simple “thank you” note.
– Candy makes great toppings for ice cream sundaes! Crush it up and add it on!
I did a little research, and found that most candy, if purchased around Halloween, will still be ‘good’ for at least 6 months! Chocolate also freezes really well!