This post and giveaway were made possible by iConnect and Dreft. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
- Dreft is the No. 1 baby laundry detergent choice of pediatricians and a trusted brand for more than 80 years, as it meets the different needs of growing babies and their families.
- Dreft’s portfolio of products is specially designed to meet your little one’s laundry needs at every stage of babyhood. Dreft Stage One Newborn’s hypoallergenic formula is gentle on newborn baby’s skin and Dreft Stage 2 Active Baby is specially formulated to tackle stains after baby starts eating solid foods and crawling all over the place. And don’t forget Dreft Blissfuls! You can use these scent boosters on any load of your family’s laundry, even with baby clothes. Dreft really does have you covered – all of you.
- Dreft products are specially formulated to be hypoallergenic, gentle on skin, tough on stains, and with a fresh baby scent.
- Dreft Active Baby detergent helps remove 99 percent of baby food stains and other outdoor messes.
- New Dreft Blissfuls scent-beads are safe on all fabrics and can release freshness for up to two weeks.
And Dreft wants to challenge you, too! Let your baby get messy, whether it’s in the kitchen, outside or in the craft room. But don’t forget to have your camera nearby, because the Dreft Messiest Baby Contest is going on right now, and you can’t win if you don’t enter!
Enter The Dreft #MessiestBabyContest
Dreft is excited to launch the Dreft America’s Messiest Baby Contest, inviting families to submit photos of their favorite messy baby moments for the chance to win prizes, including the cover of the May issue of Parents Magazine! Enter by submitting a photo of your favorite messy baby moment at www.parents.com/dreftmessiestbabycontest or posting your photo on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #messiestbabycontest. Winners will also receive a supply of Dreft laundry detergent, but you have to send in your picture before November 30th, 2016.
Join The Twitter Party
Join in on a little bit of Dreft #MessiestBabyContest Twitter Party fun! It will take place on Monday, November 14th from 9PM-10Pm EST, so make sure you RSVP: http://bit.ly/2f1Djbj. I see some amazing prizes listed, and you won’t want to miss out!
On October 25th, Actress Molly Sims got a little messy with the little ones and helped Dreft launch their nationwide search for Dreft’s America’s Messiest Baby at the Dreft Messy Play Date Party in New York City. With two children and one on the way, she understands the value of messy play and has embraced the messy journey of #amazinghood in her own personal life!
Dr. Dyan Hes is the Medical Director of Gramercy Pediatrics in New York City and sits on the board of the American Board of Obesity Medicine. Dr. Hes has the following tips to bring out your baby’s messy side and embrace that being messy has its developmental benefits:
- Count the fun and use your fingers: Use your little one’s food as a fantastic way to learn how to begin counting. When snacking, start counting with your little one and encourage them to use their fingers. Also, this is a great time to use food to help them learn how to properly grasp things. It will take time and practice so let them get a little dirty with their food and practice, practice, practice!
- Throwing practice: Throwing food can definitely be messy, but did you know it helps with their development? Little ones are also still developing object permanence, which means that they don’t know that when they throw things, they won’t come back to them. So throwing food or dropping in on the floor can actually help them learn this basic lesson in physics! Maybe just lay a mat on the floor to protect carpet or allow for easy clean up.
- Load up on bibs: Bibs are a great way to capture those messy food moments. Once your little one is done with meal time, throw the bib in the washer with Dreft Active Baby to easily tackle the mess so you can do it all over again. The mess went way beyond the bib? No problem—throw that outfit in the washer too!
- Dress baby right and care for the fabrics: When you expect a mess, dress baby with a fabric, such as cotton, that can easily be cleaned up effortlessly. When it comes to fabrics, it’s also extremely important to seek out a gentle and hypoallergenic detergent to care for the items that touch baby’s sensitive skin. Wash baby’s items with a specially-formulated product such as Dreft, the #1 baby laundry detergent choice of pediatricians to be gentle and hypoallergenic on baby’s skin that has been trusted by parents for over 80 years.
- Splish, Splash in the Bath: Bring fun toys and activities into the bath and let your child splash around and have fun. Make sure to use warm water (vs. hot) and use a mild cleanser to keep skin soft and itch-free. Gently pat skin dry and end with an after-bath moisturizer to seal in moisture and protect baby’s soft skin.
- Get outside: It’s great to get your little one outside to learn and embrace nature and all it has to offer. Little ones tend to start creeping (pulling their bodies with their arms) before crawling and this can get their clothes quite dirty. This is all part of their learning process though, so feel free to let them explore and point out animals, plants, and the various sounds they may hear in nature so your child starts learning new concepts while having fun!
I’ve partnered with Dreft to give away a $50 AMEX Card and some amazingly smelling Dreft product to one lucky reader! See below to enter!