One of my children’s favorite snacks is Chex Mix. I am always looking for different things to mix in and ways to change things up. This combination gives a little sweetness to the normal Chex Mix. It’s great for children helping in the kitchen, and a fun family activity during the holidays!
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2.5 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 2.5 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- sometimes I mix in a handful of nuts, sprinkles or marshmallows after step 6.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together then set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl mix both cereals with the popped popcorn.
- In another microwaveable bowl, melt butter uncovered on High for about 40 seconds on until melted.
- Pour melted butter over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the cereal mixture then stir.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.