Grapevine, TX is one of our favorite places to visit. It’s about 30 minutes from downtown Fort Worth, and probably about 30 minutes from Dallas, too. This summer, we’ve made several trips to Grapevine – mainly to see attractions that are part of SummerBlast 2013!
Starting Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, Grapevine’s SummerBlast features fun for the whole family including water fun, fireworks, special exhibits, outdoor activities, dining, shopping and more.
A 12-minute fireworks display taking place over Lake Grapevine every Friday night at 9:30 p.m. The best viewing locations are your favorite lake parks or on top of the parking garage at the Gaylord Texan Resort for the Garage Rock Out Party.
Other Grapevine attractions include:
- Gaylord Texan – KIDS Silly Hour: Visit the Gaylord Texan on Fridays and Saturdays from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. for FREE face painting, balloons and Dreamworks Character Meet & Greets! We went last Saturday and had so much fun with Shrek and Fiona!
- The Grapevine Vintage Railroad: On Saturdays and Sundays, the Great Train Robberies give your little deputies the chance to help capture train robbers during a ride on these 1920s Victorian-style coaches. *See time schedule.
- SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium: We visited the new Turtle Rescue Center last week! My children love SEA LIFE!
- Legoland Discovery Center: Make sure you check out the new Star Wars Miniland.
- Grapevine NASA Blast: Featuring more than 100 items on loan from NASA, this exhibit is located at the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau’s Grand Gallery. You can see an original Apollo Space Suit and a model Space Shuttle on display, plus make some crafts! My children each left with a small gift, too!
Make your plans now for the perfect Grapevine SummerBlast getaway!