Since moving to Texas, I have heard lots of things about this store named IKEA. From the furniture to the decorations to the selection of food offerings in the cafeteria, I was told I needed to “get there”.
Today, I had that opportunity when I walked through the doors of the new IKEA Grand Prairie – set to open to the public on December 13th.
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. IKEA has been included in rankings of “Best Companies to Work For” and strives to be an employer of choice. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment.
IKEA Grand Prairie Grand Opening Events
At the store’s opening, shoppers will be greeted with family friendly-events, special offers and thousands of dollars in gift cards and merchandise—including an iconic EKTORP sofa for each of the first 47 adults in line and a POÄNG armchair for the next 100.
“We are thrilled to be opening our 47th store in the U.S. and second store in the Dallas region and have planned a fun-filled week of celebration,” said Matthew Hunsicker, store manager. “The IKEA Grand Prairie coworkers look forward to welcoming our shoppers with food, excitement and our extensive range of IKEA products.”
Customers may begin lining up at 9 a.m. CST on Monday, December 11th – 48 hours before the store’s opening at 9 a.m. CST on Wednesday, December 13th. Entertainment for customers waiting in line will begin at 6 a.m. CST on opening day with the ceremony starting at 8:15 a.m. CST.
Activities and giveaways include:
Saturday, December 9, 2017- Sunday, December 10, 2017
- IKEA Virtual Reality Experience at the Southeast section of Klyde Warren Park Near the corner of North Olive Street and Woodall Rodgers Freeway (2012Woodall Rodgers Fwy, Dallas, Texas)
- IKEA Reality takes virtual reality to the next level with a dynamic 360 experience in which participants can discover IKEA designs in a whole new way.
- From 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day, anyone can stop by and take a turn in IKEA Reality, play for giveaways, and explore the pop up room settings.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- *First 47 adults (18 & older) in line receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa.
- *Next 100 adults (18 & older) in line receive a free POÄNG armchair.
- The first 100 children (17 & younger) in line receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
- The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” voucher.
- The first 100 adults (18 & older) with a birthday on today’s date only will receive a $47 IKEA gift card. Offer valid only on Dec. 13.
- Customers in IKEA locations across the country can take part in the grand opening celebration with one-day deals on the following products:
- All STOCKHOLM Rug’s will be offered at $99.00
- All VIGDIS cushion covers will be offered at $4.00
- All GURLI cushion covers will be offered at $2.00
- Customers will be able to purchase three bags of IKEA meatballs for $19.99
- Offer valid only on Dec. 13.
Thursday, December 14, 2017
- *First 47 adults (18 & older) in line receive a free HAUGESUND mattress.
- *Next 100 adults (18 & older) in line receive a free ALINA “sleep set” that includes a bedspread and cushion covers.
- The first 100 children (17 & younger) in line receive a free GOSIG golden dog soft toy.
Friday, December 15, 2017
- *First 47 adults (18 & older) in line receive a free 5-piece IKEA 365+ cookware set.
- *Next 100 adults (18 & older) in line receive a voucher for 12 monthly meatball meals for two at the IKEA Grand Prairie Restaurant through next year, expiring on December 31, 2018.
- The first 100 children (17 & younger) in line receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at the IKEA Grand Prairie Exit Bistro.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 – Sunday, December, 17, 2017
*Visitors to IKEA Grand Prairie may enter for a chance to win one of twenty $250 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program.
Customers should visit http: IKEA-USA.com/GrandPrairie for more details.
*One per household