My family just loves taking road trips. Whether it’s an hour’s drive or 9 hours on the road, here are a few tips to make the trip go by without a hitch! The more you know, the more prepared you’ll be!
1. Download a gas app: One of the most costly aspects of any road trip, especially in this economy, is gas. When you’re traveling in an unfamiliar area, it’s hard to know where to stop for the most frugal fill-up. To aid in your decision, you can download GasBuddy or Gas Guru, apps that conveniently display the location and gas prices of gas stations near you.
2. Take side stops: Allot time in your travel to make a few stops on the way to your destination. From museums to a local winery to a city park, these stops will not only keep you entertained throughout your trip, but it will also give you a chance to stretch your legs and learn something new.
3. Gassing up a rental or new car: If the vehicle is new to you, chances are you probably don’t remember which side the gas tank is on. But I have an easy solution: look at the gas gauge. There is an arrow that will point to whichever side of the car the gas tank is on!
4. Know where to get directions: When asking for directions, some people gravitate towards gas stations. However, the best place to ask for directions is a restaurant with a delivery service or the local police department.
5. Know North from South: If you’re old school and like following paper directions instead of having a little square computer tell you when to turn, you know that your passenger might end up telling you a wrong direction by mistake. Remember that interstates and highways with odd numbers run North to South, and interstates with even numbers run East to West. If you get mixed up, this will help you get back on track, or at least in the right direction!
If you are traveling to the Miami area, make sure you stop by Volvo Cars of North Miami, a dealership for all your new and used car needs. Their caring, dedicated staff and competitive prices make them one of the premier dealerships.