I’m so excited to announce my participation in the Netgear Ambassador program, which means I will get the opportunity to share some cool Netgear products, starting with the Push2TV Wireless Display Adapter.
Imagine looking at your phone, on your television screen! It’s possible with the help of Push2TV by NetGear – you can wireless mirror your smartphone, tablet and laptop, viewing everything on a larger screen. Think games, movies, shopping, reading and more!
There’s no need for other equipment, which makes this perfect for bedrooms and game rooms. Just pull up Netflix on your phone, mirror to your TV and it’s as though you went out to rent that DVD without having to leave your house!
But wait… think about traveling, too. The Push2TV adapter weighs only .21 pounds and is half the size of a standard pencil, making it great to take on the road to use in hotels. It fits perfectly in a purse, briefcase and suitcase!
Set up was easy, though I did have to search for the right instructions for the device I was using. (In my case, a tablet.) The device had to be compatible, so it worked with my Kindle Fire, but I couldn’t get it to connect with my Samsung Galaxy S4. You can find a list of compatible devices here.
- Plug in the Push2Tv unit using the provided power adapter or with a USB port on your TV.
- Attach the Push2Tv to your TV with an HDMI cable.
- Update by holding the button for 7 seconds (you will see updates on your TV screen)
- Next, you will need to find the setting on your tablet/kindle/smartphone that allows mirroring.
- Once you turn that setting on, it will pop up with Netgear Push2Tv.
- Now you should see your device screen showing up on your TV screen
- In the Box: Push2TV Wireless Display Adapter (PTV3000), USB cable, Power adapter and Quick start guide
- Video Outputs: 480p (HDMI), 720p (HDMI) or 1080p (HDMI)
- Video Modes: up to 1080p high definition (HD)
- Size: L 1.96 x W 3.27 x H 0.43 inch
- Weight: 0.21 lb
- Power Input: 5.0V – 1.0A power adapter or USB powered
- Power Consumption: Less than 2W (typical) when streaming HD video
- Audio Output: Digital over HDMI (5.1 surround sound pass-through and stereo)
- Standards: Wi-Fi Certified, Wi-Fi Certified Miracast, Wi-Fi Direct and Intel WiDi 3.x
- Networking: 802.11n 300 Mbps WiFi (b/g/n compatible) with WEP, WPA and WPA2 support, Dual Band – 2.4 or 5 GHz and WPS button support for ease of setup
You can buy Push2TV by NetGear from Amazon.com, Best Buy and Staples for approximately $59.99.