It’s summer, which means parents everywhere are likely indulging in adult drinks at the end of a hard day. I pose no judgement. From margaritas to bloody marys and daiquiris, I recently read that alcohol sales go up from June to August.
If you’re like me, you grab for the Patron to make these drinks, because it has a crisp flavor that is like no other. It literally MAKES the margarita and bloody mary.
But what do you do with the empty Patron bottles at the end of the summer? You enter them in this year’s Patron Bottle Art Contest, of course! With a grand prize of $10,000, I’d say it’s time to get creative!
Over the years, the iconic Patrón glass bottle has become a symbol of the brand and its premium craftsmanship, and has inspired countless artists – professional and amateur alike – to transform the Patrón bottle into handmade visual and functional arts. The “Art of Patrón” Bottle Art Contest celebrates this consumer enthusiasm by encouraging people across the U.S. to share their artistic vision, using Patrón’s signature bottles as inspiration.
To enter the 2016 “Art of Patrón” Bottle Art Contest:
- Create an original work of art or functional item that contains, is made from, or depicts any Patrón bottle or component thereof
- Visit ArtofPatron.com and follow the links to the Bottle Art entry page
- Upload a photo and a short essay (100 words or less) describing the artwork and the inspiration behind the piece
- Note that no purchase is required; for more information and to read the official rules, please visit ArtofPatron.com
A panel of judges will help select up to 10 finalists based on overall creativity, unique use or representation of the Patrón bottle and components, visual appeal and the persuasiveness of the essay. Finalists will be featured on the Art of Patrón website for public voting, and then one lucky participant will be selected as the Grand Prize winner. The winner will be awarded $10,000 and an opportunity for national exposure for his or her work of art, while the remaining nine finalists will each receive $1,000.
Below is a quick and easy Bloody Maria recipe, just swap out the vodka and add Patron Silver for this unique take on a classic. …and don’t forget to save your Patron bottle for the contest!
Bloody Maria Recipe
· 2 oz. Patrón Silver
· 8 oz. fresh tomato juice
· Worcestershire sauce to taste
· Hot pepper sauce to taste
· Dash of black pepper for garnish
· 1 stalk of celery for garnish
Combine Patrón Silver with tomato juice over ice in a mixing glass. Add Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce to taste. After icing, mix with rolling motions and strain into a highball glass. Garnish with celery stalk and ground pepper.