Saturday, February 12, 2011
FORT WORTH: Is it chemistry, animal attraction or something completely different? Find out at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History’s next AFTER HOURS evening just for adults as we delve into The Science of Love! Bring your Valentine and join the fun Saturday, February 12, 2011 from 6:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, 1600 Gendy Street, in Fort Worth Texas, 76107. Tickets are $10 per person and can be purchased in advance at fortworthmuseum.org, by phone at 817-255-9540, or at the door the night of the event. Museum members are free! The Science of Love! is for patrons 18 years of age and older, and includes the following activities:
• Explore the Museum’s exhibits, including the new Fort Worth Champions.
• Show your loved one your true feelings and talent in Love Song Karaoke.
• Dance the night away to way-hip DJ Scott Mack.
• Heat things up with our Heavy Metal Scientist.
• Learn about crimes of passion, love in nature, aphrodisiacs, and hearts (the real kind) in the Love Chat Lounge.
• Make a commemorative Valentine’s screen print.
• Get up close and personal in Group Twister.
• Create a unique Valentine for your unique Valentine.
• Mix up some bath salts and other aromatic concoctions.
• Visit with Voltar, the Love Fortune Teller.
• Show your commitment with a henna tattoo.
• Cash bar featuring beer, wine and signature “Love Cocktail.”
• Stars Café will be open.
The Omni Theater and Noble Planetarium will be open throughout the evening (additional charge).
Noble Planetarium: Enjoy a special astronomy program, Star-Crossed Lovers LIVE at 6:30, 7:00, 8:00 and 9:00 p.m.; Dazzle your date with lasers and music in the custom Lasers of Love at 7:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.; Rock out to the laser hit Pink Floyd: The Best Of at 10:00 p.m. All shows are $5.
Omni Theater: Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France at 6:30 p.m. and 8:40 p.m.; Under the Sea at 7:35 p.m. Tickets are $7 per person; Museum members are $4 each.
Adult After Hours
The Museum comes to life “after hours” six times a year when adults 18 and up have the Museum all to themselves. Nurture your inner child with great music, food, drinks, special exhibitions, hands-on activities and programs that only the Museum can provide.
Upcoming Programs for 2011 include:
• April 9 – Identity Masquerade Ball
• June 11 – Fly by Night
• August 13 – Collection Celebration: Night with the Caveman
• October 29 – Prohibition Party – Celebrating the anniversary of the passage of the 18th Amendment.