Pirate Jonny’s Barbecue Sauce and Seasoning blends are derived from the geographical maritime region of the Caribbean basin. The rubs offer a touch of the classic barbecue dry rubs, combined with the flavors of the Caribbean. The seasonings are not like anything you have had before… It’s all flavor, without the excessive amounts of salt and sugar typically found in seasonings. And if you need a little cooking inspiration, you can find meal ideas on the recipes page!
Pirate Jonny’s products are made fresh by true Sailors from Florida who love to cook, eat, and love to BBQ and Grill. They’re perfect after a long day of fishing, hunting, boating and sailing, when the hunger is raging and the taste bud crew needs to be spoken to & satisfied!
I was sent an assortment of Pirate Jonny’s products to sample for my Holiday Gift Guide. My favorite blend was the Pirate Jonny’s Caribbean BBQ Rub. The combination of flavors brings you straight to the Carribbean. The Caribbean BBQ Rub works well on the smoker, grill or in the oven. It is also gluten-free, MSG free, and low in sodium. My husband cooked some amazing chicken breasts with this rub! Yum-O!
Most of the seasonings come in four different sizes, a pouch, a small, a large and a flask!
There are so many things we will cook with the sample of Pirate Jonny’s, and since my family loves seafood, here’s one more recipe:
Pirate Jonny’s Caribbean Spicy Shrimp
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp
- 6 tablespoons light rum
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of Pirate Jonnys Caribbean BBQ Rub Seasoning
- Peel and clean the shrimp, but leave the tails on.
- Combine four tablespoons of the rum with the lemon or lime juice, oil, and Pirate Jonnys Caribbean BBQ Rub Seasoning.
- Stir in the shrimp and allow marinating for thirty minutes. In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining rum, cider vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Thread the shrimp on skewers and grill over medium heat for three minutes on each side. Brush with the brown sugar glaze while cooking.
Sounds delish, doesn’t it?
Buy It: Pirate Jonny’s can be found online.