This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks and POWERADE. All opinions are my own. #spon #JustAKidFrom
With spring season about to kick into full gear, I know my young athletes are ready to play youth sports again. In our family, we stick to soccer and gymnastics, though we’ve given our hand at baseball, too. My athletes are encouraged (not forced) to get active each spring, and it’s their choice as to which sport they choose. Whether we are playing on the soccer field, the outdoor pool, the baseball field or the gym floor, we’re never ready to go unless there’s a cold POWERADE in hand.
I always have two rules for sports: you are responsible for packing your own gear and you must stay committed for the entire season. And so far, it’s been working well for us. Through April 4th (or until supplies last), you can get a FREE customized Powerade sports bottle from Walmart, which would encourage my son to pack up a little quicker. Our favorite Powerade flavor is Mountain Berry Blast®, and I always have a good supply in the refrigerator during the summer months.
Tips for Moms of Athletes
- Practice makes perfect. Any time spent practicing will pay off. Go outside to practice with your athlete(s).
- Dedication goes a long way. Sign up for team Mom. Always tell your son he did great, even though he was the one to strike out or miss the ball.
- Hydrate with your athlete’s favorite beverage. Our favorite sports drink is packed with electrolytes, which makes mom and son happy!
- Support him. Be there for your athlete(s). Don’t drop him off at the gate. Instead, walk into the gate. Sit at the bleachers. Be his biggest cheerleader.
- Take your young athlete(s) to a pro game. They know the game rules. Go see a professional team play! Buy popcorn.
- Get a team shirt with your athlete’s name or number on the back. Wear it often.
About the POWERADE “Just A Kid” Campaign:
- There is potential in all of us. No matter what you achieve in life, you start in the same place as everyone else: as a kid full of potential and big dreams. At the end of the day, we are all “just a kid” from somewhere.
- POWERADE believes that with the right motivation these everyday athletes can realize their potential and one day be the athletes that they look up to. Sports have a major impact on our communities. Whether it is t-ball or the pros, every athlete in every league has a story waiting to be told.
- Represent your somewhere with custom “Just a Kid” apparel that features where you’re from here. All net proceeds from the sale of “Just a Kid” apparel goes to the Boys & Girls Club of America.