After you read this list, you will go out for some Hand Sanitizer.
*The following is in no particular order:
1. Shopping Carts – You touch the raw meat, you touch the cart. Your child puts his mouth on the handle, you then touch the raw eggs….
2. Public restrooms – enough said? Be sure to wash your hands. With soap. *This goes for everyone. Men and women. Adults and children.
3. Redbox and ATM Machines – These buttons have more gunk on them than most public-bathroom doorknobs!
4. Libraries – books go from home to home. Books are very popular for sick children, who are home from school. They get returned and….
5. Hand Rails and elevator buttons – Everyone touches these, especially children.
6. Gas Pumps – So many people pump gas in a day. Think of how many people are at the pump while you are there. Multiply that by at least 60.
7. Public drinking fountains – Some people allow their mouth to touch the nozzle. A rule of thumb: “Catch the water in the air.”
8. The hotel room remote control – Surprisingly, these rarely get wiped down. Eww.
9. School Bags and lunchboxes – be sure to give these a good wipe down every month or so. Especially over the holidays!
10. Playgrounds – Children share bodily fluids, whether through their mouth or a diaper.