In the last 10 years, we’ve moved a handful of times. Within those years, I discovered what worked and what didn’t. I also learned tips that helped and tips that weren’t as effective. My main tip is to not only label your boxes, but also number your boxes… then, you’ll know if anything is missing from the final destination! I also recommend you start packing as soon as you know you’re moving. Rushing to pack gets stressful and frustrating, and you don’t want to deal with either if you can avoid them.
Top Moving Tips For The Busy Parent
- Contact your local grocery store to ask for empty boxes. Banana boxes are great, as are milk boxes.
- Have a packing party! Prepare dinner, call a few friends and pack one room together!
- Use blankets and clothes to act as a cushion for breakables. There’s really no need to buy bubble wrap or use newspaper for this purpose.
- Put the kids to work in their room, of course. They can pack their own toys… trust me!
- Reach out to local facebook groups in the area of your destination. Moms there can help when you arrive.
- Unload boxes into the room they are going to be unpacked in.
- Replace air filters in the new home upon arrival. Sam’s Club offers low prices on the 3M Filtrete Air Filters, and it’s perfect for their members who’ve recently moved.
3M Filtrete filters are $8 off now through November 25th with Sam’s Club Instant Savings.
If you aren’t a Sam’s Club member, make sure you sign up today, for great savings on cleaning supplies, packing necessities, groceries and those 3M Filtrete filters!
Enter to Win A $100 Sam’s Gift Card
- Monday, November 12th at 12:00 AM ET to Friday, November 16th at 11:59 PM ET.
- Ten (10) winners will receive a $100 Sam’s Club Gift Card.
- Users enter the giveaway by heading to the Sam’s Club page on Savings.com and submitting their email address on the form at the top of the page.
- The winners will be chosen through a lottery drawing and notified on Monday (11/19) via the email address they used to enter.
- See complete Official Rules for entry instructions, full prize descriptions, restrictions and other important details.