Our garden regularly produces an abundance of tomatoes. But not just any tomato. These are some of the best, most flavorful grape tomatoes you’ve ever tasted. And I’m always faced with the dilemma of what to do with them besides just eating them right off the vine. My children love Caprese Salad, so that has become our new favorite side dish. (Otherwise known as mozzarella, tomato and basil salad.)
With just a few ingredients, you’ll have a tasty treat your entire family will love – I can almost promise you! This Caprese salad is also great for potluck parties, appetizers and weekend snacking. (It’s that good!)
TIP: I like to buy fresh mozzarella for this, but you can also cut up cheese sticks to use in this recipe if you’re in a hurry!
Recipe For Caprese Salad
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped or left whole
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Italian seasoning, optional
- In a serving bowl, combine the mozzarella, tomatoes and basil.
- Toss the salad with the oil.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and optional Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, but don’t stir this in or your cheese may absorb a brown color.
- Let the salad rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. *You can also make it up to an hour before serving time.