My husband is the head chef in the kitchen, but I am still the baker and your dessert go-to girl. When I was challenged to write up my favorite recipe using peanut butter, I immediately thought about my foolproof easy peanut butter fudge recipe.
After taking a tour to visit peanut farms in Lubbock, TX, I have a deeper appreciation for everything containing peanuts. (So make this after you read about my experience on the farm! It might convince you that it’s okay to lick the jar of peanut butter after scraping all the goodness out! Those farmers work hard to ensure healthy crops for the consumers!)
To make the peanut butter fudge, you will first need to lightly grease an 8×8 pan or a silicone mold, which does not need to be greased, just clean and dry.
After your pan is greased, measure your ingredients because the cooking process is fast and 2 minutes is not enough time to gather items you will need. Trust me on this!
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup peanut butter
- In a heavy saucepan bring the sugar and milk to a boil, over medium heat. Stir constantly.
- When the entire mixture is bubbling, boil for exactly 2 1/2 minutes. Set a timer.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the peanut butter and blend quickly until smooth. Make sure it is all combined.
- Pour into your prepared dish and smooth out. Work quick – this recipe sets quickly. Let cool before cutting into pieces.
Thanks to the Texas Peanut Producers Board for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. Read about my experience on the #TexasPeanutTour17 here.