Disclosure: We were invited to Dave and Busters for a media preview, including an afternoon of fun with dinner, drinks and games. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own, honest opinions.
My family took a trip to Dallas this week, where we were invited to spend the afternoon at Dave and Busters. We were excited to have some much needed Summer Fun on a rainy afternoon!
We arrived at Dave and Busters and were greeted by the manager, who gave us the choice of dinner or fun and games first. I chose dinner, since I had heard so many good things from my friend Courtney! Dave and Busters has added 4 new items and a few new summer drinks to their menu lineup! Everything sounded so good, and it was hard to decide what to order!
The manager and our server brought out and order of pretzel dogs to accompany the Appetizer Trio I had ordered. The pretzel dogs were so good (and addictive), my son changed his order to have this as his meal also!
Our entrees came out shortly after we had finished the appetizers, and my husband was so happy he ordered the Bistro Steak & Shrimp with Lobster Alfredo. It smelled delicious and I couldn’t wait to sneak a bite of his dinner! I ordered the Chicken & Shrimp Rockefeller, while my youngest ordered the Sloppy Joes! They were all fantastic choices! Our server was excellent, as she offered a few of these suggestions and was very attentive to our needs. She even helped me choose a new summer drink, the Strawberry Summerita. (Good suggestion! Those “ice cubes” are made of fruit juice!)
The new menu items include:
- Bacon-Wrapped Beef Medallions & Grilled Shrimp
- Mango Citrus Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken
- Potato Chip Crusted Chicken
- Miami Ice
- Strawberry Sangria
- Strawberry Summerita
When our meals were complete, we thought we couldn’t fit much more. But our server suggested dessert and suddenly there was a little more room! We chose the family style chocolate fondue and the Ginormous Brownie Sundae.
The chocolate fondue was filled with bananas, pound cake, marshmallows, brownies and graham crackers; all ready for dipping into the warm chocolate goodness in the center.
When our meal was complete, we couldn’t wait to get to the game area!
There are 8 new games to play:
- Temple Run: Race down ancient temple walls and along sheer cliffs. Avoid obstacles, collect coins and and see how far you can run!
- Blackout: Throw the Googabunga at the darkened sun. Cover 100% of the sun’s surface and win 500 tickets!
- Dizzy Chicken: Get dizzy with Bay Tek’s Dizzy Chicken! Obnoxiously fun for all ages. Plunge the ball into the spiral of lights to land it on the green target.
- Milk Jug Toss: Toss the balls into the milk jug or surrounding holes to win tickets. Shoot for the Super Bonus by getting all the balls in the jug.
- Dream Raiders: A new two-player deluxe game from Sega. Ride a dragon, pilot a UFO, get on horseback or put on your super suits and head for the skies!
- Harpoon Lagoon: 4 player game for the entire family. Players fire harpoons at the fish swimming by and win tickets. Features a hidden jelly fish bonus!
- Dark Escape 4D: See and feel the monsters in a new game that’s in a class of its own. Wearing 3D glasses, try to escape from a mad man by shooting your way out.
- Cut The Rope: The popular mobile app now on a high definition 42″ screen.
We played games for about 2 hours, and found that my children loved Cut The Rope, Dizzy Chicken and Harpoon Lagoon! They also loved Connect 4, Pac-Man and Fruit Ninja.
We ended up having tons of fun and earning thousands of tickets! My children redeemed their tickets in the Winner’s Area, and we came home with pillows, super heros, candy and more! A certain someone (my husband) hinted that we could come back before school starts! We all had a great experience with loads of fun!
Have you ever been to Dave and Busters?