As you probably heard, just a few days ago, I was at the FINDING DORY Red Carpet World Premiere in Hollywood, CA, and I couldn’t wait to share my FINDING DORY movie review with you.
Before we get to the film, though, make sure you take a look at the pictures from the El Capitan Theatre and the after party on Hollywood Blvd. Then, come back and read everything you want to know – spoiler free, of course!
Now, imagine you are sitting on the front row of the theater, just a few rows in front of Ellen DeGeneres, Ed O’Neill and other cast members, when the lights dim and that sequel you’ve been waiting 13 years for was seconds from happening. I couldn’t help myself from soaking up the environment and thinking ‘take a deep breath’ right as the curtain went up.
Preceding the film was the Pixar short, PIPER, which was created by Director Alan Barillaro. This short was created with new animation techniques, and I was truly impressed with everything the clip conveyed. PIPER definitely touches your heart and leaves you yearning for more.
Now, for FINDING DORY. Let me jump back to FINDING NEMO for just a second. Do you remember that Dory was the fish who suffered from short-term memory loss? Well, with that in mind, this little blue tang somehow gets separated from her Mom and Dad when she was little. “Little Dory” as I’ll refer to her, has the most adorable voice and with the first sound she makes, your emotions will run. Little Dory’s voice gets me each time she speaks, and once you hear her, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.
Through this amazing story, you will follow Dory through her journey after she has grown up. You’ll reacquaint with her friends Nemo, Marlin and Crush, and meet some new friends, too. The characters will make you smile, laugh and cry, so be prepared for a few tears along the way. Nevertheless, the saying “Just Keep Swimming” is a reoccurring theme that teaches lessons while showing us how to overcome our challenges.
My Thoughts on FINDING DORY:
- I loved it and will watch it again and again. I love the messages the film teaches.
- While my favorite character is Dory (because… ELLEN!), I find myself loving on Hank, too! *Do a little research on the Mimic Octopus before heading to the theater so your children understand what’s going on.
- Do I think the film should be rated PG? Not at all, but I’m sure Disney and Pixar have their reasoning. I don’t think there are any factors that would be worth “warning” parents or children about.
- Parents might want to pack a tissue or two before heading to the theater …just in case.
- Like FINDING DORY on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarFindingDory
- Follow FINDING DORY on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FindingDory
- Follow Disney/Pixar on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/PixarFindingDory/
- Follow Disney Studios on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/disneystudios/finding-dory/
- Visit Disney/Pixar on Tumblr: http://disneypixar.tumblr.com
- Visit the official FINDING DORY website here: https://disney.com/findingdory
FINDING DORY swims into theatres everywhere on June 17th!