Have you heard the latest news of the castle? The king of Medieval Times has passed and the queen is now the sole ruler of the kingdom!
As a firm, yet kind and respected leader, the majestic queen shows her strength, __ and beauty.
At a recent VIP influencer event, we met the queen before the show began, then met a few of her star horses.
We learned that Dallas is the first castle out of 9 in the U.S, and Canada to be part of this major new show announcement, which is pretty cool, if you ask me! The new show will launch in Chicago on December 8, with the subsequent seven castles to follow over the next nine to 12 months.
While guests will still receive the same delicious four-course meal, including this amazing soup, there are other changes lords and ladies will notice:
- More than 700 new costumes for all nine castles’ performers including horses, all of which are custom-designed and hand-made at a dedicated costume shop near Dallas Design District.
- 200 new suits of armor, shields, and helmets, all of which are custom-designed and hand-made at a dedicated armory in Florida.
- More than 350 team members and 225 horses train and rehearse new lines and fight scenes for three months while still presenting the current show.
- New music was composed by Dr. Daniel May, composer and jazz pianist who scored “Everest” and other films and who worked with Sting, The Moody Blues and others. He directed and recorded Medieval Times’ new show composition in Kiev with the National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine. He directed the choir in Ukraine with lyrics written by poet and choir member Solomia Gorokhivska, and a solo cellist and violin player from Pittsburgh, PA.
- The audience experiences a live action film score that is precisely synchronized with every element of the show, from lights to fights; jousts to jabs; the Queen’s entry to curtain closings; and more.
- The sound and light team spends 120 hours programming 300 new music cues and 500 new lighting cues. Several castles are installing and programming a new LED lighting system that offers 256 colors versus the old 14-color system. The system is powered by 10 miles of cable and an estimated million-dollar upgrade.
Tickets to the show would be the perfect gift to see under the Christmas tree on December 25. My boys love it and my daughter does, too! (Even more so now that the queen is in charge!)
Join Medieval Times on facebook this Thursday, December 14th at 2:00pm for a special Facebook Live – holiday edition! The Queen (along with two special guests) will show off the holiday decorated Hall of Arms and items available from the gift shop – perfect gifts for the Medieval Times lover! The Queen will also be sharing an EXCLUSIVE promo code for those who tune in. Don’t forget to RSVP for this special event!