With fall right around the corner, it’s time to get out your boots, scarves and pumpkin spice!
I am a huge pumpkin lover, and I look forward to trying my hand at new recipes that contain even the tinest bit of pumpkin! I was recently sent a few recipe containing pumpkin and Premier Protein drinks. I immediately tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie because it’s packed with healthy protein to help keep me energized through the changing seasons! (And, it’s easy to make at home vs standing in line to see your favorite barista!) This smoothie is great for breakfast, lunch or even a post-workout snack. (See the recipe for pumpkin waffles below, too!)
Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie
- 1 Premier Protein 11oz Vanilla Shake
- ½ cup of canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 tsp of honey
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
I can’t wait to try this recipe for waffles this weekend!
Pumpkin Protein Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 2/3 cups Premier Protein Vanilla shake
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Directions: Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in large bowl. In a second bowl, add eggs, pumpkin, Premier Protein vanilla shake, and butter; beat well. Gently fold in the flour mixture. Cook according to your waffle iron directions.