As a mother of 4, I’ve used Beech-Nut® Naturals™ for some time. When I was asked to host one of the Beech-Nut® Naturals™ MommyParties™, I was super excited to share my love of the brand with my friends.
The party started with 10 of my new mommy friends, where we ate appetizers, and adored each other’s babies. Many attendees had questions about the baby food brand, and I was happy to share information with them! It was interesting to hear some new moms say they plan to prepare their own baby food, while “seasoned” moms said they are busy and know making your own baby food is time-consuming. It was nice to support both opinions, then assure everyone of Beech-Nut’s natural approach:
From a personal experience, I attempted to make my first born’s baby food. I peeled carrots, boiled them and froze small portions, only for him to break out in a rash shortly after the first taste! I had no idea he’d have a reaction, and from that point on, we relied on Beech-Nut to do the prep work for us which gave me extra time for cuddles and more important things! I will forever be greatful that Beech-Nut offers baby food made with real fruits and vegetables, just like you would use at home!
We tasted a few of the baby foods, played Beech-Nut BINGO and talked about baby milestones.
I love hearing moms support other moms and being able to provide a judgment-free place to talk about parenting success and struggles.
3 Reasons To Love Beech-Nut Baby Foods
- As mentioned, it’s real food. There’s no added ingredients, and the jars are available in a variety of flavors. Some of our favorites are “Just Carrot, Corn & Pumpkin”, “Mango, Apple & Pineapple”, “Banana, Orange & Pineapple” and all the berry varieties! (Still to this day… read #3 to see why!)
- The food comes in recyclable glass jars! As a teacher, I can name 50 different ways to use these jars. (Never throw them away – donate them to a school or library!)
- Because the ingredients are simple, I use the purees in recipes to help with meal prep! We use the baby foods in soups, I hide carrots in spaghetti, and I throw berries in smoothies! In fact, I made Beech-Nut’s pumpkin pie smoothie recipe at the party! It’s a great treat for babies, children and adults! It’s loaded with pumpkin flavor — perfect for fall!
- 2 jars just pumpkin purée
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1/4 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add the purée, banana, yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, flax seeds and ice into a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. For a thicker smoothie, you can add in an additional 1/2 cup of ice before blending.
- Pour into a sippy cup or cup with a straw and serve.