Our family loves living in Fort Worth. It’s the perfect city for family activities, date nights and staycations – which is what we decided to do over Spring Break this year!
Since we had an entire week off of school, we took the opportunity to visit Medieval Times, Legoland Discovery Center, the movies theater and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (there are only two of these in the United States!)
We were given the opportunity to stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Fort Worth, which happened to be right across from the Stockyards, so we planned a day to be tourists in our own city, and had an amazing time. (Note, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing is about 20 minutes from the Stockyards, so plan to do these activities on the same day!)
The Courtyard Marriott opened in March 2017, and is in the perfect Stockyard location. I literally can’t recommend enough the need to stay there if you are having a girl’s night, early morning or staycation in the area. But even though it’s near the Stockyards, it’s about a block away, so it’s quiet and peaceful.
The Courtyard Marriott is a beautiful hotel, with a rustic touch around every corner.
We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, which were both comfortable and welcoming after a long day. I appreciated the fact that we had Paul Mitchell toiletries in the restroom, too.
What’s There To Do?
I am great at packing bags, but sometimes I forget to pack things for my children to do while we are on our stay. Since I don’t care to hear “I’m bored,” we have to get creative with things we find around the hotel:
– sit outside by the fire pit and tell stories
– of course, you can check out the pool (when weather allows)
– make these hotel games with just a few supplies
– sit on one of the many rocking chairs outside and talk
– ask the front desk for a few sheets of paper and google instructions for the best paper airplanes (then have a contest in the halls!)
What you need to know:
- Valet parking is the only option for parking. It is $20 per night, added to your room.
- WiFi is available throughout the hotel
- Our room had a microwave and a refrigerator
- The lobby is welcoming, with lots of seating and tables
- There is a small pantry near the hotel check-in desk
One lucky Hustle Mom Repeat reader will win a one night’s stay to the Courtyard Marriott at the Fort Worth Stockyards, along with a few extra surprises (phone charger, stadium approved bag, restaurant gift card, etc.)
*One night’s stay must be used by December 2017.
To enter, leave a comment telling me your favorite thing to do in Fort Worth!
For an extra entry, leave a separate comment telling me if you follow Hustle Mom Repeat on twitter or facebook!
For an extra entry, leave a separate comment with a link to you sharing this post on facebook or twitter!
A winner will be chosen on 4/15/2017.