Summer is here and the hot sun is upon us! Last week, we invited our friends out for a Game Truck Party! It was the talk of the school, and though I had heard about a game truck, it was nothing like seeing it in your front yard and then… getting inside!
Setting up the Game Truck Party was quick and easy:
- First you call your local Game Truck franchise and choose your preferred date and time. Make sure you know where you’ll have the Game Truck park – it takes up about 60 feet of space. You can have the truck park anywhere – your home, your office or at the park!
- Soon after initial set up, you will receive a confirmation email from the company, with information on sending branded invites and details.
- Monitor the RSVP’s so you can plan accordingly. Then, sit back and wait for the big day! It really is that easy!
The Game Truck arrived at our house, and I was excited to be invited inside first… before any child could have a look. The party attendant was quick to explain the games available, and answered any questions I had about ratings or experience level. I was asked if I wanted to remove the mature games as playable options, and I did. I appreciated the fact that I went inside first… none of the children even knew those mature games were an option and no one had to be the “bad guy” by removing them in front of children!
The children then receive a short briefing, which included three rules:
- No food or drinks inside the Game Truck.
- Raise your hand if you need help, want to switch a game or need batteries for your remote.
- Have fun!
The children went inside and were excited to see consoles like the XBOX 360, Nintendo Wii and a Playstation! There was a game for everyone and soon the children had teamed up and started to play! I think some parents wanted to sit down, too! And that would be perfectly fine! This game truck was able to accommodate up to 20 guests inside and even more on the screen outside!
The host was amazing and very helpful! In fact, he was so amazing that I walked off the truck and sat in the chairs I had set up outside for parents! It was seriously the easiest (and coolest) party I have ever thrown! And by coolest, I mean it both ways… this truck is air-conditioned!
Remember the outside screen I mentioned earlier? Even with the outdoor screens up, the inside of the truck still stayed cool and comfortable! And speaking of comfortable… the boys inside sure did spread out when the girls went outside to dance and cheer! It was a perfect way to end the party!
Prices for a Game Truck Parties vary based on dates (weekend vs weekday). *Don’t forget to allow for a gratuity for the host(s)… they really are helpful and fun!
One lucky reader will win a game truck party of their own! Game Truck party must be booked on a weekday, before December 31, 2014. Winner needs to be within a designated GameTruck franchise service area. If winner is outside the area GameTruck will make their best effort to get the winner a party, but if it cannot reasonably be accommodated participant may either share the prize with someone that is within a service area or be compensated with a cash prize of $200.
• Only one (1) entry per person is allowed. Only residents of the U.S. that are 18 and older with a valid address are eligible to enter.
• The awarding of the Giveaway prize is the responsibility of GameTruck.
To enter, leave a comment telling me your child’s favorite game to play!
Winner will be selected on June 24, 2014.