During our weekend getaway to Grapevine, TX, we headed to SEA LIFE Aquarium, which is located inside the Grapevine Mills Mall, directly across from Legoland Discovery Center.
I always enjoy the calmness an aquarium can provide, though SEA LIFE Aquarium allows for both calmness and fun, making parents and children happy! Upon entering, SEA LIFE presents itself with sting rays and about 5,000 sea creatures, which are spread among 30 incredible displays and a 360 degree ocean tunnel! And I think it’s safe to say the tunnel is my absolute favorite! I love looking for the giant sea turtle, Hope, and watching the smiles of sting rays as they swim by. If I could pull up a
chair bed, I would do it! Watching the sea life swim around me would put me to sleep, or not… I’d keep one eye open to observe the activity!
SEA LIFE will definitely bring you to life under water, and it will bring you upstairs, too. It’s nice to note the attraction is two stories, with an elevator available, if you need it. Upstairs will not disappoint, as you venture down a bayou, in the touch tank with starfish and over sharks. Yes, OVER sharks! My family has been to SEA LIFE about 6 times, and my 4 year old STILL will not take the shark walk, which lets you look overhead from a series of windows over the shark tanks!
- Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday 10:00am-7:30pm*
- Saturday 10:00am-7:30pm*
- Sunday 11:00am-5:30pm*
*Attraction remains open 90 minutes after last admission
A few tips about SEA LIFE:
- Bring socks for your children if they wish to play in the play area.
- Try to visit during one of the feeding times!
- Your ticket is valid all day! If you are visiting SEA LIFE and Legoland on the same day, keep that in mind. We like to leave for lunch and go back!
- Save money by purchasing your tickets online.
- Adults are not permitted into the attraction without a child.
- You can often spot divers inside the tanks, so keep a watchful eye!